Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sectional WOD 11.6

W/U: play with thrusters and pull ups for a bit, do a few pass throughs. Shoulders are really tight so I used the lacrosse ball to MobWOD some of the tightness out. Then did a 500m row in 2:12

11.6:
7min AMRAP: ascending ladder by 3 reps of:
3 thrusters
3 chest-to-bar pull ups
6 thrusters
6 C2B pull ups
9
9 and so on

12 thrusters + 3 pull ups

I was happy with my mental state for this WOD. I didn't have the "I don't give a fuck, I'm going to walk away and not finish this crap" attitude. It was actually kinda fun. My thrusters have gone to crap though, I can't stay on my heels for the life of me. When I had to do the 6 pull ups I kept missing contact with the bar so I missed out on like 6 reps and wasted a lot of time. For the round of 9 I just did one at a time and dropped from the top of the bar- also wasting time but not as much because I wasn't wasting reps. It's also a measure of progress because I thought back to Iron Curtain in October where I could barely do regular pull ups and couldn't link them together then. And now I'm just struggling to link together C2B. It makes me happy! Good WOD. I was also probably motivated by the NKOTBSB song "Don't Turn Out The Lights" I know I lose all of my cool points for it, but I just LOVE that song!

No comments:

Post a Comment