Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let's try this again

Ok so when I made this, I had no idea the following 60 days would be the craziest, most emotional times of my young adult life. So needless to say, nothing went according to plan and all fitness and nutrition goals went out the window. But now things have slowed down and I'm finally at a place where I can refocus. So let's begin.

WOD: 5x5 back squat with ring dip attempts in between
85-125-135-140(4 reps, bottomed out on 5)-125

This was a real eye opener, I'm glad I suggested it. In May I was doing 145# and had 165# in October so squatting strength is definitely a new focus. (What's the point of having thunder thighs if they're weak?)

For recovery I made the roomie and I dinner. I used my Mom's lemon pepper chicken stir fry recipe with yellow squash, zucchini squash, some red and yellow peppers, and onion cooked in olive oil and lots of lemon pepper seasoning. Years past my attempts always left the veggies soggy :( This time around was perfection! I managed to stuff my roommate full with just one serving and was barely able to eat half of my plate as well. We both felt instantly re-energized and detoxed from our holiday garbage food. Definitely going to make this a frequent meal since it's high on the veggies, which is something I never seem to get enough of. (We used 4 chicken breasts, 1 each zucchini and yellow squash, roughly 1/4 red and yellow peppers, and roughly 1/4 of a white onion with McCormick Lemon Pepper seasoning.)



Tomorrow starts Zone/Paleo!

No comments:

Post a Comment