Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm a Jerk

A WHOLE WEEK OF WORKOUTS COMPLETE! Wow! 5 days straight of getting sweaty. I feel amazing! This was my first Crossfit Endurance Strength & Conditioning WOD. Good times followed.

W/U:
5 min double unders
2x:
5 strict pull ups (on purple band, pronated wide grip) <-- These felt easy. Going down to the uber thin band next time
10 push ups
15 squats

Then:
5x5 Jerk
65-70-75-85-95

Then:
12 min AMRAP
5 Jerk 115/85#
5 Front Squat 115/85#
12 Lateral bar jumps
12 push ups

3 rounds + 5 squats

















After the second round I wanted to die. My jerks were ugly too, even before the WOD started. A lot of press outs. My first three sets of 5 Jerks were entirely too light. 95# felt heavy but doable. I tried doing the jerk without splitting in the beginning, but I ended up alternating throughout the WOD and the sets of 5. I'm going to slow down and focus on technique from now on.

On a side note, I had the burning desire to go for a run this evening! I haven't felt that way in too long, but because I'm still ramping up to increased volume I'm forcing myself to rest. I'll save that run for another rainy day.

MKs competing in Crossfit Evolution's Nuclear Winter Challenge tomorrow. It's going to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment