Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Murph

Sunday: 1k row at the South East CrossFit Games, for time: 3:53.5 I lost the challenge by 10 fucking seconds. G-damnit! Shouldn't have done it so soon after I ate.

Monday:
W/U: Muscle up practice, mobility

Then: "Murph" For time:
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 air squats
1 mile run

90min 53seconds

This was my first time doing Murph and doing a 100 pull up WOD. Did it on campus at the red semper fi bars. Cut the PRT loop out of the corner that goes around the basketball courts, so the run was probably a little over a mile. It felt pretty good to get through this WOD. The pull ups took forever, naturally. Played with the butterfly technique, couldn't link it together but I generally got the hang of it. Right hand ripped at pull up 60 and the left hand tore pretty bad at 85, so I finished the last 15 holding on with my finger tips. The push ups were done military style. The squats hurt more than I thought they would. I wanted to get the first 50 unbroken but that didn't happen. The last .5 miles of the last run I was able to pick it up, surprisingly, and felt like I was actually running rather than hobbling. Overall a very motivating and rewarding experience. Did it in my SICFIT USMC fight line shirt too. Reminded me to lead from the front. Yut-yut.

I totally sweat-logged my phone doing this though. Why I thought that having my phone in my bra while sweating for over an hour was a good idea I will never know. #dumb

No comments:

Post a Comment