Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Super Snatch

W/U: 500m row

I was going to do an OHS WOD, but as I progressed through the snatch and warm up I changed my mind and decided to make it a skill day. The BTK Split Jerks took it out of me yesterday.

65-75-85-90# power snatch to squat Felt good to finally land 90#, I've been stuck at 85# for the last two months!

Then I worked on my squat snatch, was stuck at 75# for awhile but I really worked my stance and drew a chalk outline on where my feet need to start and then land and it helped A TON! Squat snatched 85# like it wasn't a big deal! So awesome. I really felt the "getting high and on your toes" part of the pull and the quick transition underneath with the "pull yourself under the bar" feeling as well. Did 5x 85# OHS... my 1 rep max is probably in the 100's. Excellent.

Anyone else out there have a coach that can't add? I do. MK was doing behind the neck split jerks and said she was attempting 155#... her previous 1 rep max is 165#. What she was unaware of was that in actuality there was 175# on the bar. She got really close to landing it too! Her PR is coming very, very soon! Proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment