Thursday, March 10, 2011

Results are in...

Tuesday:
Did the CFE run wod I did before I ran a quick 4.5 miles about 3.5 weeks ago:

2x 5min run, 2min rest
5x 1min run, 30 sec rest

POSE felt like it was coming along pretty well. Legs didn't hurt that bad.

PM: watched Gladiator and did a lot of MobWODs to get nice and supple in preparation for my PFT the next morning. Went to be early feeling good.

Wednesday:
Today was the big day- PFT. What I've been training for and sacrificing blood, sweat and tears over. Flexed arm hang went well, still couldn't hang above the bar for all 70 sec but made it for 45ish seconds before I dropped my chin below the bar then finished out my time with my elbows bent with a good amount of flexion. Sit ups- 100 as usual. Then came the run. I had a girl with me to pace off of, she said she ran a 24min 3 mile, so I figured I would keep up with her. We stayed neck and neck the whole way for the first half, neither person getting ahead of the other by more than two inches. We hit the 1.5 mile mark at 11:37. At this point, I knew I made it and all I thought about was finishing in under 24 minutes. So we kept moving trying to catch the lone male behind the pack who was roughly 50m ahead of us. I tried my damnedest to catch him and finally started pulling away from the other girl with about 600m left in the run. I crossed the finish line at 23:31 a personal best by A LOT. I got my highest PFT score ever.

Flexed Arm Hang: 70 seconds - 100 points
Sit Ups in 2 minutes: 100 - 100 points
3 mile run: 23:31 - 84 points
Total score: 284 out of a possible 300

This is amazing. 2.5 weeks ago I did my run in 27:56 or something ridiculous like that and got a 253 or something. They say you need a 275 PFT to be "successful" at OCS. I'm going to be a Marine Officer. I am elated. Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life so far.





I can't wait to earn that uniform and serve the Marines and citizens of the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment