Saturday, March 26, 2011

Got a lotta catchin' up to do... Springbreak11 wooo!

Wednesday 3/16:

5 squat cleans @ 85#
20 Double Unders
5 sc
15 dus
5 sc
10 dus
5 sc
5 dus

9:38.. good test for my double unders. They held together for the first 20 and 15, then fell apart. Felt really good afterwards so I did the EOB wod for that day after...

2x ~80m sprints, best 12 seconds
max pull ups- 12 without dropping off the bar
5x ~80m sprints, best 11 seconds
max pull ups- 10 without dropping off the bar

Thursday 3/17:
Prep for Friday Sectional WOD with DUs and power snatches with MK.

Friday 3/18:
Crossfit Games Open Sectional WOD:
10min AMRAP:
30 double unders
15 "power snatches" @ 55#
Got 2 rounds and 1 double under. Pathetic. My double unders were NOT there, at all. And I just woke up from a nap and 2 days of poor nutrition and no sleep thanks to exams leading up to finals. Needless to say.. redemption was necessary, and it came a week later.

Saturday 3/19:
Rest day. Watched my boy Troy play soccer. So damn cute. Also the start of Spring Break!

Sunday 3/20:
Did the hero wod "Weaver" in my bedroom after cleaning the house. Scaled it with a 1" band in order to focus on using different grips:

Four rounds for time of:
10 L-pull-ups
15 Push-ups
15 Chest to bar Pull-ups
15 Push-ups
20 Pull-ups
15 Push-ups

31:29

Monday 3/21:

5 rft:
10x OHS @ 85#
10x box jump
10x deck squat aka "rolling squat"

18:42.. hurt like a mo'focker. Completely destroyed my legs during the wod.

Tuesday 3/22:
1 hour run on the beach with MK. Hate her for it but I loved it and it was needed. Good little chat along the way and a great way to end a day of discovery- picked up tires, talked about dark times, and felt empowered for the future.

Wednesday 3/23:
MK and I did the mainsite chipper from a few days previous.. duno how Kristan Clever did it in under 10 minutes. That woman is an animal!

For time:
70 Burpees
60 Sit-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
40 Pull-ups
30 Handstand push-ups

28 something

Scaled the HSPU to 3 thin green bands for the core and a 1" band for the shoulders. I was really surprised I did all of the pull ups as Rx'd... my arms were really, really sore from Sunday. I did them one or three at a time before dropping off of the bar, but still, progress! Progenex FTW!

Thursday 3/24:
SQUAT, SQUAT, SQUAT, SQ-SQ-SQUAT-SQUAT!
My favorite! And I PR'd in all three!

OHS 5x1 - 105/115# I think I landed 115# but I'm not sure of the depth.. OHS always feel like you never go low enough when you do, and I was going solo so we'll call it at 105#
Front squat 5x1 - 165! Previous PR 155# x2 in July
Back squat 5x1 - 185! Previous PR, with not enough depth, 175# in the school globo gym in October























Friday 3/25:
Crossfit Games Open WOD 11.1 redemption:
Proper rest, nutrition and DU practice with the "wrists in by your side" cue all to aid me:

W/U:
800m run, then want to fight little kids over hurting Troy's feelings
DU practice
Power snatch practice

Then:
10min AMRAP:
30 DUs
15 power snatches

3 rounds + 8 double unders

Can you say improvement?! I'll take it. I'm not a stunner with DUs but I know other Open WODs will come up with my strengths in them.

Really good spring break and week of semi-cheating and WODing under my belt. Feeling really good about my training and PRs, especially with the occasional alcoholic beverage. I shall get strict paleo back in my life so that my abs will pop. I can see them lying dormant under my babyfat... or maybe my mirror lies to me. Does that happen to anyone else out there? You feel like you look damn good in the mirror and then you see pictures and you're like "Oh... damn." lol

No comments:

Post a Comment