Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pull ups, pull ups, everywhere, pull ups, pull ups, do your share

Monday 3/29:

W/U:
5 min row
2x:
5 super slow squats
5 pull ups
5 push ups
5 double unders

Then 2k row for time: did it in 8:25.4. Pretty good. I was gunnin' for sub 8:30 so I'm happy with it. It left me on the floor gasping for air for 10 minutes afterwards, but that seems to be a theme with the rower and I. Took 30 minutes to recover then hit the mainsite WOD:

Mainsite wod:

75 squats
50 pull ups
20 ring dips
50 squats
35 pull ups
15 ring dips
25 squats
20 pull ups
10 ring dips

23:20 with Rx'd pull ups and one foot jumping assisted dips. I'm surprised with my pull ups. I ripped my hands pretty bad halfway through but kept going. Normally WODs like this with that many pull ups would bring me to tears at the thought of doing them and the prospect of pain, but now I just want to link them together 10 at a time! Also need to really work the ring dips. MK needs it too. Her Muscle Ups and HSPU are coming along really great- I'm so proud. Gonna tackle this goat to get her ready for regionals- she doesn't realize how ready she is for it, but I can see it and feel it in her; she's about to bust her PRs and previous expectations of herself wide open. I'm so fortunate to have her be there and to be so patient with me. Best coach ever.

Tuesday 3/30:

Rest/Nap for time. 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment