Friday, March 4, 2011

Cindy's my biatch!






















This WOD marks a HUGE MILESTONE for me. This past week my gymnastics movements have exponentially improved, and I've been itching to test my newly found pull up linking durability. Cindy's been on my mind all week, so I finally decided to do her- and got 10 rounds plus 2 pull ups! Amazing! The pull ups weren't even the hard part, the push ups killed me. I stayed on the bar for all 5 pull ups for the first 6 or 7 rounds, then I started dropping and only getting one or two at a time. I'm extremely proud of this progress and I'm excited to continue training harder! This performance is even better considering I was sick as hell two hours before the WOD from some nasty school lettuce, broccoli and spinach. Seriously?! How can you screw up healthy food?! So maddening. I pounded 4 cans of Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup and a liter of Coca Cola and a lot of Pepto Bismol to get rid of the virus so I could train. Good thing it went away!

New Goals:
Ring Dips Rx'd by May
Muscle up by the end of July

I hope the rest of you out in Internet land are training hard too!

 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Cindy is one of the workouts I'm going to focus on for my challenge. (I found your blog through the SINS challenge and have enjoyed reading your posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on Cindy. The pushups get me more than the pullups, too. And, OMG, your hands! Way to push through. I think you'll have your MU by July!

    ReplyDelete