Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back Squats are love

Thursday:

I've waited 2 months to the day for these (well, almost to the day, I'm one day early)... BACK SQUATS!

w/u: 500m row
2x:
10 good mornings
10 pass thru
10 elbow to instep
10 super slow squats

Then:
10 - 7 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 3

65 - 95 - 135 - 155 - 165 (2)(1) - 160

I think I've done 175 as a 1 rep max back in October, but I didn't get full range of motion. Last time I did back squats in January I was failing out a 140# for 4 reps, and only did 5 rep max back squats before then at Daytona in June and I only hit 145# then, so this is a PR. Though these are PRs, Melissa and I didn't feel like they are. Either our standards are too high, or Progenex is working too well and these were "hard" without being "hard" if that makes sense. MK went up to 170# for 3, and she was mad! It was a PR for her by 35#! Great to watch, especially since we had to mini squat it out of our ghetto squat stands.


Tabata Toes-2-bar: 28 reps

Friday:

5min Double Unders --> these suck AGAIN. Idk why I struggle with them so much?! Maddening.
2x:
5 step up to squat
5 single arm kb swing @ 30#
10 good morning

Then:
5rft:

10 kb swing @ 55# for me, 70# for MK
15 box jump @ 21" for me, 24" for MK
20 floor wipers @ 35# plate OH for me, 45# for MK

12:57 for me, 13:57 MK.

This WOD ended up being fun! I've NEVER done 55# kb swings OH before, I always had to bring them to eye level. Strength is going up! MK had never swung a 70#er in a WOD either- we're both making really great gains.

Saturday:

Garden WOD.
W/U: ~800m up the bridge run
quad, hamstring and calf stretching

Then:
ladder sprints: ~100m, 75m, 60m, 50m with rest in between distances
ladder repeat as a suicide, all the way down the ladder without rest

Then:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Burpees
sprint 50m across grass
2-4-6...20 sit ups
back to other side to finish burpees

I thought this was for time, it wasn't. Sad panda.

I'm really impressed with my recovery this week. Hit a PR in my run and back squat and I'm not very sore. Great stuff.

Paleo lovers: I am trapped in a vegetarian house at the moment for work, and I forgot to bring food with me. Shameful mistake. I've had mac and cheese, a mountain dew, bread with butter, chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk... and I feel like ARSE! I'd ask you all to crucify me if I wasn't already suffering that fate at my own accord. Thinking about starting Zone/Paleo strict tomorrow to take my nutrition to the next level...

No comments:

Post a Comment