Saturday, July 30, 2011

Well fuck

Monday: Rest.

Tuesday: light jog. Put Tiffany through some light sprint work & a small WOD

Wednesday: PFT. Not what I wanted/ think I need. We did it at UCF, a route I've never run before. Didn't get much sleep the night before either. Did well on the flexed arm hang, dropped half way after 50 seconds. Didn't let my neck of chin touch the bar once! There was no question about flexion. Sit ups were tougher than normal, probably bc the guy holding me didn't want to hold too tight. Ha, chicken. Then the run. I probably half lost it on the mental game. All of the 4 guys around me ran a 21-22, which meant I should have kept up with them. But I let it get in my head I'd never kept up with guys before. Capt R was like "just try & keep up with them" and then predicted I'd come in last. So I lost it in my head before it got started. The route was confusing and full of turns and I kept up with the guys for the first like 4 minutes and then they were gone. Hit the "about a mile" point at 7 minutes, 1.5 mile at 13min and finished in 26:12. Fuck. Me. 1min 11sec slower than I was in the beginning of the month. I felt serious leg pain in my left leg behind my knee, and I should've known I was injured when my calves seized up a few days before. So now I'm taking a week off of my legs to help fix them. Pain in my lower back as well- right on my tailbone, which is weird. My body was absolutely SMOKED the rest of the day. I'm usually never tired after PFT's but I guess that just tells you what kind of state I'm in.

Thursday: Muscle up practice and skills and drills. Worked MUs in the blue band using the scale from GWOD. Also practiced no-false grip transitions from the front lever. "Quickest sit up ever." Did some yoga for my back with Clint. Worked on my headstands as well.

Friday: More skills and drills. Tempted to try and front squat but I know better so I'm not. I am resisting!

Saturday: 5min handstand hold. Collected 5 min with a few breaks, facing the wall. Really worked my shoulders. Round 3pm went to the Riddle gym to try my strict press. Still haven't made any progress! Frustrating!

Strict Press 1RM:
65-75-80-85-90-95Fail
Shouldn't have started so low
Push Press 1RM:
95-105-115-120-125Failx2
I'm pretty sure 120 is a PR. Need to retest my jerk now. Probably could've gotten 125 but I started to kinda jerk it so I left it at what it was.

Been reading a lot of Oly lifting stuff. Gonna do a lot of skill work stuff till Wednesday, then I'll get back into full WODs and running again. Less than 30 days out from Summer Crush! So stoked! No cheating in 16 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment