Thursday, July 21, 2011

Run run run

4pm:
Go to Riddle, work on double unders for 5 minutes and practice the muscle up. My hips are getting close to the rings but they're still not high enough for me to transition yet. I'm also still struggling to kip violently with a false grip. Just don't have the strength to hold it yet. Then I drive over to Mainland and use the track.
4x 200m sprints:
48, 46, 46, 44 seconds. Pretty sure the 44 is a PR
Rest 3min
2x 400m sprints:
1:41, 1:42
Rest 1:1 between all sprints. I was happy with keeping my 400's sub 1:45. They weren't as fast as I had hoped but I'll take it. POSE felt really good. Got the feel of pulling with the hamstring. Also really liked the feel of the minimus on the track. Solid comfort and feel.

9pm:
15min double under practice. I'm getting good at these things! Lowest number linked was 3! Then CFE run again:
4x 4min on, 3min rest
Covered the distance I usually run for 20min. Hit the second 4min end where I usually hit the 10min turn around. I know there was rest, but still covering the same distance in less time?! Hell yea! And then I covered more distance for each return 4min run, which felt really good. The third one I felt more open and had a good stride. Last one was bad though because I knew I was going to cover more distance, so I wanted to slow down my pace. My left IT band was killing me too. Had to fight my brain and my body on that one to push through to the end.

Good double sprint day!

No comments:

Post a Comment