Monday, February 21, 2011

Snatch 'till you can't see

W/U: 2x-
5 box jumps 20"/24"
5 squats
5 dead hang pull ups on purple band, reverse then wide grip. (too easy, need to move down a band)

1-1-1-1-1 Power Snatch

85-105-115

At 115# I got really light headed, saw stars and heard the weight ring in my ears. That hasn't happened since I fought for a 225# deadlift in July, so needless to say I didn't move up. I'm having trouble getting fast elbows and pulling under the weight and keeping my feet in a normal position. They do this weird slide out thing and I land funky.

Then:

10 rounds
7 front squats @ 65# (scaled from 95#)
50m sprint
2 min recovery between rounds

I didn't feel human again until after round 5, then I actually started to sprint again. Food is fuel, gotta give the body what it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment