Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cheats of DEATH!

Well Sunday after the Garage Games was ultimate cheat day from hell at Mellow Mushroom. Had a 14" sausage and pepperoni pizza all to myself and followed it up with ice cream. I was sick for HOURS.

Monday:


CFE S&C WOD:





















Double Unders were still difficult for me this day. I did some retarded scaled muscle ups. I know I need the ring dips and the pull ups to get there, but might as well just practice the movement. My Power Snatch previous 1RM is 95#. Today I landed 90#, and almost pressed out 95#, but I just couldn't get under the bar. PRs are coming really, really soon.

Tuesday: Rest & Study for Accounting day


Wednesday:


CFE S&C WOD in-between classes. (left me no time to eat, bad idea)


Front Squat: 5, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1
Push Press Behind Neck: 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1
2 Minute Recoveries
3 Rounds of (Not for Time):
10 Good Mornings @ 45 lbs
20 GHD Situps
10 Wallballs

That's what the order was supposed to be, but because I was in an awkward globo gym set up, and I was trying to hurry to get to class it went like this:
10 awkward GHD situps
20 Wall ball @ 18#
10 Good mornings
then 2x:
10 Good mornings
20 Wall ball @ 18#
10 awkward GHD situps

Front squat is finally back in the 150#s!!
95-115-135-145(third squat was shallow)-150(easy)-165(fail x2)-160(fail)
I didn't like the feel of the push press behind the neck, it was awkward:
45-65-65-75-75-80

PM: CFE Running WOD


Warmed up with Double Unders. Did 20 in a row. Twice. I heard angels sing after I peed myself. 
2×5 min intervals w/2min recovery between intervals
Next interval scheme starts after the 2min recovery
5x1min Intervals w/30sec recovery between intervals


Rowed a sub 2:15 interval for 5 minutes after the run to get my lung capacity up. Covered +1,100 meters. 
covered ~+2.5 miles


Thursday (Today):


CFE Running WOD, Short Course:
Cover as much distance as possible in 35 minutes. 


I did this after class, I wanted to go for an hour, but I thought to myself "No, I'm training for the 3 mile. I need to trust the programming." So I started the laps around the school. Each lap is roughly 1.5 miles; it's what NROTC uses for their PRTs and PFTs.  I was more than halfway into my third lap when I was around 28 minutes, and I have a destination by the airport in my mind that I wanted to reach by 35 minutes, so I started pushing. I looked down to check my time again and I forgot that my watch craps out at 30 minutes, so I was staring at an unmoving :30. I restarted it and decided to stop at the 4:00 mark. When I was 2 minutes into my run and was close to where I wanted to be, I decided to say "screw the 35, I'm finishing 3 laps!" So I hauled ass to my start point and finished 3 laps, which is roughly


4.5 MILES IN ~37-38 MINUTES 


(I wish it was more accurate) All I know, is Crossfit Endurance is working, and I was hauling ass! 


LOVE THIS CROSSFIT LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment