Friday, August 5, 2011

This is about to get detailed...

My blog posts are going to get more detailed. Measurable, traceable progress, right? (As long as I have time, and right now I have too much time.)

In an effort to increase my wrist turning and jumping endurance for double unders I did 500 single unders for time. 6:51 in the heat at 12:20 in the afternoon. Towards the end I just got tired of jumping. A few trip ups here and there. Played with my arm and wrist positioning trying to find what works. Slightly forward in the wrists, elbows glued to my side and a slight turn in of the handles seems to work best. I wore my NB minimus, no socks. Then I went to the track to work my 400's

13:00:
W/U: high knees, butt kicks, cross over's from soccer and Endurance POSE drills for ~25m each.

6x400m with 1:30 rest
1:42, 1:50, 1:51, 1:57, 2:05, 2:01

Wore my NB Minimus, no socks but with my Skins compression calf tights. Maybe it was the heat, maybe is was because I had only had breakfast so far but either way I believe this is a true reflection of my running ability right now. This is EXACTLY what happens to me on my 5k. I'm so glad I did this and stuck to my plan of resting 1:30 no matter what. Usually mentally I'll try and cop out of a workout, shorten it, etc. The first 400 I listened to my iPod so maybe that helped me move faster, but in anticipation of sweating and waterlogging it again I stopped wearing it. I also had CUTCO on my fucking mind which wasn't helping me either. I hate that fucking job. Either way, lesson learned: run 400's more often & faster.

5pm:
No one showed up for the 5pm class so I basically got paid to get a back squat PR. Hollaaaaaa!
Back squat x5:
135-145-155-165PR-175PR-180(4)P-effing-R!!!
I was feeling lethargic and moody and didn't want to do the Master's WOD, so I decided to give back squats another go after the disaster Monday. They all felt easy up until 175. I'm so stoked to improve that much! My previous 1RM is 185! I'm going to blow 200 out of the water soon! :D

Then the 6pm class showed up and coaching always fires me up to do work so I was grateful to have a big group! They all did so awesome that they had time for another quick WOD. We finished so early I was like "Well we can do another WOD, or stretch and go home early..." Ted asked for another quick WOD with kettlebells, so I wrote up a 5min amrap. I did all of the work they did after they left. Totally motivating!

The Game's Mater's WOD 3:
3 RFT:
4/2 Muscle Ups - scaled to GWODs transition on the green band. I was tired from all the MU prac this week
8 Thrusters 135/105
14:34

Then:
5min AMRAP:
4 kb snatch @ 35#
4 burpees
Finished the 9th round right as the timer went off.

That was my first time snatching the 35 in a WOD. I remember doing it at 30 back in January with Chrisie... I'll try not to think of that though, cause then I'll get sad. I really met my demons on the thrusters. As I was warming up I seriously considered dropping the weight down because I've never thrustered weight that heavy before. During the Open I could only get 105 thrustered once. Progress! My shoulders popped in some spots and I no repped myself on quite a few. Wore my Oly shoes and a weight belt to protect my back for the thruster WOD and went in just my socks for the amrap. Feeling very tired but accomplished.


Post sprint session. Sweatin in the chair

No comments:

Post a Comment