Saturday, August 6, 2011

Games Beach WOD 1

Roughly 11:00
Crappy warm up. Thought about not doing the WOD, then smiled, sucked it up and did it anyway.

For time:
200m Ocean swim (took about 2:30min, so was probably a little short, waves were big)
1200m run (def right distance. some soft sand)
50 pull ups (scaled from CTB, wasn't happening on that bar)
100 hand release push ups
200 squats
1200m run
1 hour 8:54min

All of the pull ups were one at a time regular pull ups. Couldn't get the CTB with the bar rotating and my kip just wasn't in it. Took time to grab my towel and put it under the bar. The sand was ridiculously hot. Did the push ups and squats in the break of the water and sand. Push ups felt good for my shoulder. I prefer the hand release push ups actually. I get a good burn from them. Did the squats in the water break too. Ran the last bit in the shoreline water break because the sand was so hot and I was running barefoot (POSE!). Hit the softer sand where all the sunbathers were. A fat black lady said to me from her tent as I was running by "I need to be out there witcha!" I was like "Come on!" ahaha I love it when people holler at you when you're running. I smiled my way through this WOD and just had fun and enjoyed the sun. Shoulders are sore but are feeling pretty good. Legs and lower back hurt a little but not too bad. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment