Thursday, August 4, 2011

101* FL?! Seriously?!

11:30am:
W/U:
500m row sub 2:15 pace
3x:
5 pull ups. First set butterfly, last 2 kipping
10 broad jumps, hands behind head
15 abmat sit ups, alternating butterfly, bent & straight leg

Then:
This is one of the WODs I came up with thanks to everyone on Twitter's evil suggestions, I call it -
"The 20's"
With body armour (mine weighed 10#) & with 20# dumbbells in each hand:
20 box step ups @ 20" (alt legs)
20 dumbbell rows (alt arms)
20 GTO
3 rnds + 12 step ups

Cash out for completion: 20 TGU's with 20# dumbbell alternating arms (no vest)

The box step ups were the WORST. My left leg was the weakest. It was hot as hell too. Rows were ok, difficulty maintaining my midline. GTO were alright, felt 'easy.' The TGU's were pretty good too. Was able to keep my shoulder in my ear and not put too much weight on my knees.

4pm at ERAU ROTC pull up bars:
W/U:
Practice muscle ups. Work my ring kip. Used a band to get the motion going to get my hips to the rings and it's getting better. Definitely still need to work my transition. Then:

10min AMRAP:
10 push ups
10 chin ups on 1" band
10 dips on bars
2 rnds + 5 chin ups

Cash out: 10 HSPU with 1" band for support and .25" band for shoulders

2nd rnd I mixed up the push ups and pull ups. The ROM wasn't very low with the dips. The push ups weren't as low as I would've liked them to be. The chin ups were hard. I kipped a few but my hands started hurting like they were going to rip and I was just really tired. I tried to use a band on a few dips but the ROM was the same without it. The ROM is much better than it used to be though. HSPU were nice because I'm finally down a band set! But I couldn't get my head all the way down every time, probably due to fatigue. Gotta work on those more.

Overall good day of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment