Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Boots & Utes + Heroes Week

15:30:
w.u:
500m row
3x
10 pull ups
practice bottom of the dip on parallel bars swing from gwod for shoulder extension
10 ghd sit ups
10 hip extensions on ghd

2rnds of RJ:
800m run
5x 10ft rope climbs (supposed to be 15ft)
50 push ups, military style breaking 90*
49:10

Did this WOD in boots & utes. It's supposed to be 5 rounds long, but there was no way I was going to make it. I literally cried my way through the rope climbs. I haven't been that scared of OCS in the past year. The rope kept sliding on my pants and wouldn't go around my boot so I'd never make a lot of upward progress. Need to work on my L hang and leg raises to strengthen my core so I can control bringing my legs up. Happy note I can hold myself up and in fact I was pulling my way up the rope some of the time because my legs couldn't get enough purchase on the rope. I alternated between S-method and the wrap around. The S method was scary, thank god the rope was only 10ft high because I definitely see why they make you use the wrap around method. Also, thank god for my increased upper body strength. By the end of the 2nd round my hands were so sweaty and I was so tired I tried to make it up the rope 3x for the 5th climb and it wasn't happening. The first round I did 5.5 climbs, the first attempt was 1/2 of an ascent. All I can say is thank god I didn't go to OCS last summer, I never would've made it. The push ups felt pretty good, only broke 90* and I was getting them in sets of 5-15. The run was AWFUL. I wore my heavy boots for the rope and it just sucked. Need to definitely practice that more.

20:30:
10 good mornings
10 pass throughs
10 ohs @ pvc

Then OHS x5:
95-95-100PR-105(felt easy)PR-110(4)Previous1RM, PR-115PR-120(4)PR!
*Ass to med ball for all OHS
95 felt really heavy at first and I did the squats really slow, that's why I did it twice. Wasn't sure how well higher weight would go but it got "easier" as I went up in weight. Took it from the rack each time. Dropped it at the top and re-racked it. Bottomed out on the way up for the 5th rep at 110# and dropped the bar at the top for the start of the 5th rep for 120#. My wrists and shoulders just gave out. Wore my oly shoes, bad ass socks, weight belt and taped up my wrists. Very, very happy with these strength gains!

Then CFE WOD:
12min AMRAP

12 ring dips on tight .25" band (shoulders were smoked)
9 OHS @ 95# for the first time EVER (taken from the rack)
12 box jumps 20"
3 rnds with 1 second to spare

I was tired from squatting. I went all OHS unbroken. (I didn't want to have to reclean the weight) Took it from the rack each time because I was unsure of my snatch. The ring dips were hard, couldn't string more than 6 together. The box jumps took forever. My legs were exhausted. I finished the last set in under 40secs though because I wanted to have a solid 3 rounds. Did this in my Inov-8s and badass socks. Felt pretty stable in the OHS. Feeling pretty confident after the disaster this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment